at our last meeting, we decided to continue with this platform, with some basic ideas on trajectory, including the formation of a non-profit. this meeting is called to discuss a bit of structure.
i’d like to gauge interest in forming and participating-in a non-profit structure, while generally opening ideas on roles, decision-making, regular meetings… with some initial commitments.
first to mention, forming a non-profit was introduced here:
and notes pertaining to WA State (USA) requirements, as well as some general notes on roles, can be found here:
if you are someone who wants to take on some kind of role (as part of a non-profit or not) or engage in a particular task toward this site’s development, you should be at this meeting. all current site users welcome.
before a date is coordinated, indicating your interest is helpful, and more helpful if you consider a few questions:
• regarding a non-profit, do you see a reason for it?
• if so, would you be interested in serving an initial role?
• do you want to serve a particluar role for this site/project?
• what is that role or area of interest?
• do you want to be involved in regular meetings?
• can you commit to once, sometimes twice, a month to start?
• what roles do you believe to be necessary for the progress of this project?
• what kind of decision making structure should we initially employ? and aimed at what?
ok, that’s open for discussion. i’d be open to having a meeting in a weekish to touch on some portion of this with anyone who can make that, as well as plan a more comprehensive meeting in 3-4 weeks.